Thursday, April 28, 2011

About Country Music Marathon


Nashville's Country Music Marathon & 1/2 is a very special event for me for many reasons.

First of all, it was here back in 2007 when I jumped, feet first, into the world of endurance sports.  I entered, ran and completed my first of many races.  Never mind the simple fact that I did not know the first thing about running, endurance, nutrition, training, etc.  I finished with a very respectable time of 2:37 and change.  Since then, I have cut some thirty to thirty five minutes off that time.  I ran a sub 2 hr once in Memphis but have not been able to do so again.

The image that will be embedded in my mind until I'm carried to the beyond is that of crossing the finish line to the cheers of family and friends.  All along the route, I remember thinking: "What in the world am I doing here?", while the instant I crossed that line my thought changed to: "When is the next one"?  I was hooked.

Since that first one, I have run a total of two 1/2's and two fulls in Nashville.  And each one has it's own story to tell.

This year I will run my third half.  And it will extra special because I'm running this one side by side with my daughter Marcela.  Life couldn't get any better!

See ya'll at the finish line!
Enhanced by Zemanta