Tuesday, April 19, 2011

About Being Blessed Beyond Belief

Originally, I wrote this post with the intentions of auto-posting it on Sunday at 7:06am.  That was the time when the swim wave I was in was scheduled to start at the Ironman 70.3 New Orleans.  However, something went array and that did not happen; it did not publish.


So, as you read this, imagine the day being Sunday and the time being 7:06am...

As this post finds it way to cyberspace, I will be commencing my journey through 70.3 miles in New Orleans.  It is Sunday, April 17th and the time is 7:06am.  Thanks to future posting options, I am able to do this.

I find myself doing something that I have discovered a passion for late in life, pushing to limits I never knew I had, going places and taking my body on journeys never thought of possible.  And I know that this is all made possible by the tremendous support I find all around me.

First of all and above all is the support I have from my wife Monica.  Day in day out, she's there for me.  Sometimes knocking me outside the head just to drive some sense into me.  Her support is never wavering.  As we speak, she's out here, cheering me on.  She hasn't missed a race.  Not one.  Not ever.  I wouldn't be half the person I am today if not for her.  Yeah, I'm proud to be Monica's husband.

Next is the support I have from my team; HEAT (Hendersonville Endurance Athletic Team).  The daily encouragement and advise I get from these folks is priceless.  Today, team mate and friend Skip Alcorn is racing NOLA as well.  Not by coincidence, you see Skip is one of my partners in (Ironman Louisville) crime.  We started this journey together some eight months ago.  Thanks Skip.  You're a great friend.

I cannot forget Skip's wife Charlene.  She too, is here cheering us on.  I cannot tell you how many times she has pushed me beyond push because she has seen in me, at times, things that I have not seen myself.  Charlene... Thanks!

And then there's my coach Barry Baird.  He has put together an amazing training plan that brought me here to New Orleans as the first phase of this year's journey to Iromnam.  I owe you bunches, Barry!

And the list could go on and on. All you have to do is navigate your way to my facebook or DailyMile pages to see what I mean. Friends from every corner of my life.  I never take your words for granted; always welcome them with open heart.  Ya'll rock.

And I know today, more than ever before, that I am Blessed Beyond Belief.

See you at the finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment