Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Thoughest Part Of Training

With just 4 days away from Ironman 70.3 New Orleans I have officially entered the toughest part of training:  the taper!

Yeap, every taper is the same for me.  It's a hurry up and wait kind'a thing.  I know I have done what I should, and all that I could.  I know that I have put in the laps and the miles, but just relaxing and resting seems to be the hardest part.

The mind games started a couple of days ago.  "Have I done enough?", "Could I do more?'.  "What if I get an extra workout in?", "What if I make it a quick one?"

I know that rest at this point is part of the process.  Oh yeah, rest and carb loading.  So, I guess I should just do what I'm supposed to.  Rest.  And eat.

1 comment:

  1. Mauricio, All the best in NO. You are correct the hardest part of training is resting up. Have faith in your training and know that you have done all the right things. You will come across that finish line with a smile on your face and a new finishers medal around your neck.

    ReplyDelete