Tuesday, November 9, 2010

P90X ~ Week 3

Yes, that's right.  Week 3 is behind me.  Now I'm preparing for a "transition week".  Not sure what to expect but I'm ready, so "Bring It"!

I have talked in detail about the progress seen over the past three weeks.  It is beyond anything I could have expected, but what I'm most excited about is the fact that I have barely scraped the surface of the program.

Beyond my expectations not because I doubted the program, but because I'm was not sure if I was going to be able to stick to this regimen past a week or two.  The further I get into it, the more determined I get to get to the finish... an beyond.



I'm not particularly a fast runner by any stretch of the imagination, nor are my intentions to be one.  Improvement I want to see, yes.  But speed is not what I'm looking for.  So to take off 26sec/mile of identical runs just one week apart is pretty awesome.  At least for me it is.


And that's what happened last week.  Sunday's seven mile run was 9:55min/mile whereas one week ago it was 10:36min/mile!  This I had read, would happen but I was a bit skeptical about claims of fast progress.  I am slowly beginning to understand the power of P90X!

4 comments:

  1. P90X is good for this kind of improvement. Another thing that is good for it is running short uphill sprints regularly. They both work for the same reasons. I saw the same kind of rapid improvement from just the addition of hill sprints. In one week, i went from a 9:00 easy pace, to ann 8:15 easy pace. Endurance athletes often do so much aerobic work that we end up lacking in strength. A good explosive strength/plyometric regiment is a good cure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. that is some great improvement in your running times.
    I noticed when I did Insanity workouts several times a week my running was SOOOO fast! and my long runs were getting easier and easier! (Insanity is another BeachBody workout but it is interval training. Love that one too!)

    You are doing great-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats awesome! Keep it up, I can only imagine what runs will look like when your finished!

    http://thealwayshungryrunner.blogspot.com/2010/11/running-running-runningo-my.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great improvement in running times. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete