Friday, January 4, 2013

About This Year's Race Plan

I am a person of meticulous planning.  Yes, I have to have my goals well documented in order to execute them properly.  My race schedule is no different.  It is with this in mind, that all of the "big" races for 2013 have already been selected.

Starting off, early in the year, on January 12 & 13 I will travel to Walt Disney World to do Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge.  For those that are not familiar with this race, it's a Half Marathon (WDWHalf) on Saturday and a Full Marathon (WDWFull) on Sunday.  It's a repeat for me, I was here in 2010.  My wife Monica will be joining me for the Half on Saturday, My brother Hernando will be there for both races.


On March 16th, we (both, my wife and I) will be traveling to our Nation's Capital to run the Rock 'N Roll USA Nation's Capital Half Marathon.

April 16th brings me to Lynchburg, TN to run the Oak Barrel 13.1, one of the most popular Half Marathons in Middle TN.  My daughter Juliana will be running this one as well.  I'm thinking the popularity of the sponsor has something to do with this... maybe?!


The first triathlon of the year takes me to the Rev3 Knoxville on May 5th.  This one is a bit special for me because my oldest daughter, Juliana will be racing this one.  This will be her first triathlon. Ever.  She's a runner and has decided to follow mom and dad into the world of triathlons.  We're so proud of her.   I'm in for the Half Iron Distance, she's in for the Olympic Distance.


August 5th brings us... and I say "us" because it looks like in this one, my wife, daughter and myself will be racing the Ironman 70.3 Steelhead in Benton Harbor, MI.  It has not been determined yet if the wife and daughter will be collaborating in the "relay" or if they're venturing into the 70.3 arena.  My bet is on both doing the whole thing solo.


And last but not least, I will finish the year with the New York City Marathon.  I was scheduled to run it in 2012 but because of Sandy and the eventual cancellation, I deferred my entry and took the automatic option for 2013.

There may be a race added here and there, mostly short distance races 5k, 10k's or Sprint Tri's.  Decisions on these will be left probably to the last minute.

Come on over this blog's facebook page and click "like"... Easiest way to keep up to date with my "Journey Beyond Ironman"