Monday, March 7, 2011

About The Music

I don't know about you, but one of the first things I did when I first started running a few years back was to get my mp3 music player filled with songs I thought I wanted to hear when I was out on the road.  I have never been an iPod kind'a person.  Can't tell you why, but I have never owned one.  Instead, I have gone through two Sansa's.  The price was right and they seemed to do the job I needed done.

As I  entered into the world of triathlon, I found that there really was no time to mess with these during events, so I have never used it during such.  Not to mention the fact that on most of these events, they are strictly prohibited.  I do, however, find myself using it during all runs.

Through the years, I added a song to my play list here and there, but overall it has remained pretty much the same.  I have searched for suggestions and asked of others what they have on theirs.  Problem is that a music list is a very personal thing.  I have not found enough variety to keep my list growing.

With the advent of the new smart phones, the Droid to be exact, because that's what I have, I discovered a service that has solved all my issues; it has given me variety and choice.

I'm talking about Pandora Radio.

Disclaimer:  I am not endorsing this service, I am merely sharing what I have found to be of great use for me.

If you're not familiar with Pandora, in a nutshell you create "stations" either by choosing songs or artists.  Once you find one, Pandora creates a "station" which plays songs similar in music genre.  You can create as many "stations" as you wish.  You select a station you want to hear, or you can choose a "Quick Mix" which selects random songs from your different "stations".

Pretty simple.

As I was getting pretty bored of listening to the same songs over and over again, this service has solved this issue for me.

Only problem I've found (but was easily solved) is that depending on where I was running, I would loose the satellite signal on my phone and would loose, temporarily, the music feed.  I was wearing the phone attached to my fuel belt.  I'm now wearing the phone around my left arm.  Problem has been solved.

Oh yeah, as you log in to your account via your phone, you get a warning that this uses a large amount of data and that your battery may be drained quickly.  I have not had an issue with this.
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. I Love Pandora. Have been using it for 3 years now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just glad I discovered this now! I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pandora is amazing....I use it to workout, I use it at work, I use it in the car....My battery does get drained from time to time, but that is mainly becasue I have an iPhone, not a droid.

    Also, I posted a link/comment about your blog on my blog.... check it out!

    http://triathlonbenchwarmer.blogspot.com/

    Keep up the great work, you are inspiring me to push myself. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete