Saturday, May 30, 2009

First Tri Of The Year Is Just 7 Days Away

So I got out this morning with the goal of riding 40 miles and then running 5. Pretty aggressive plan for a brick, but I felt I was up to it.

The weather couldn't have been better, it was picture perfect. I set out a bit later than I would have liked but that extra hour sleep really felt good, really good. Should have left my gear ready last night, that took an extra half hour or so.

The ride was uneventful. No one tried to run me off the road, no falls, spills or other mishaps to report.

The one hill that was better than me last week, I conquered this week. My average speed was .2m/hr faster for a ride that was 5 miles longer. Slight improvement, but improvement nonetheless.

At the end of the bike ride my legs were feeling it, the were heavy and tired. I took off on the run after a 4 minute rest. Somewhere around the end of the first mile I heard my legs talking to me and I think they were telling me "enough already".

I managed to get a 3 mile run in.

1 comment:

  1. Great job with the brick! Good luck on your first tri, tis the season.

    ReplyDelete