Sunday, April 19, 2009

"The Willies"

In just five short days all the training, hard work and many sacrifices that went into the training for my first marathon will be put to the test. Right about now "the willies" are settling in. You know, that feeling of uneasiness that goes with uncertainty.

Have I done enough? Have I done the right thing? Have I gone far enough? Should I have run that extra mile? Did I run one mile to many? Undoubtedly these questions and more will be going through my mind over and over during the next 120 hours, and the answers will not be apparent until I cross the finish line.

In my mind I don't think I could have done anything different. In my mind I think I've worked my plan. Now, at race time, it's all up to me. I need to run my race, my pace, my time. If I do this, I should be okay.

But how difficult will this be? Not getting caught in the emotions of the big event will be a difficult task, but at the same time, enjoying the big event is part of the plan.

Only thing left to do is to trust and have faith.

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck on your race! I just finished mine yesterday morning in the pouring down rain the entire time, it was pretty neat. You'll do great, just think of it as another one of your runs. And definitely enjoy every part of the run! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete