Monday, December 22, 2008

2009 begins Today!

I have made my New Year's resolution a bit early. Well, its not that I made it early, more like I've started working on it early. 2009 will be the year of the "Marathon", and training begins today!
This week's training looks like this:

Monday - 3 miles plus 500 yd swim
Tuesday - 45 minute spin class plus 3 mile run
Wednesday - 3 mile run plus 500 yd swim
Thursday - Off - Merry Christmas
Friday - 3 mile run plus 500 yd swim
Saturday - 6 mile run
Sunday - Strength

I have spelled out a 16 week plan with specific workouts and rest days throughout. Allowances will be made for any modifications that need to be made. All days will have a run followed by a swim or a bike ride / spin class followed by the run. There will be one rest day and one strength day during the week.

It is my goal to register and run the Country Music Marathon on April 25, 2009. It is my intention to have at least one full 26.2 marathon before training for and participating in the Ironman 70.3 triathlon. Now, with that being said, if I can simultaneously train for both and later in the summer be in shape to do justice to a 70.3 then, that will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment