Monday, March 24, 2008

Saturday March 22/08

According to my training schedule, I should be able to run 7 miles by now. This was the case last Saturday when I took to the streets mid-morning. As usual, and I cant figure out why, the first mile or so was the hardest for it seemed like every inch of my body was being pushed to the max. Luckily sometime within the first ten minutes my energy level kicked in. I don't want to say I was on cruise control, but it seemed to get a whole lot easier. I was able to work on form and some speed. Prior to my run, I stretched for some 20 minutes and warmed up in an elliptical machine at the "Y'. I had taken my GU jell prior to this, for it's instructions state that this should be done some 15 minutes before exercising. Forty five minutes after I got going, I took another jell pack, strawberry-banana and it was good. It game me enough of a boost at the end that I felt like I could have gone another three miles. But I know best, I need to keep to the plan. On area of concern this morning was the fact that I seemed to be having a hard time breathing through my nose. Must be allergy season as well. This week's plan is to swim at least three times, bike at least twice and run three times, with an 8 mile run this coming weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment