Wednesday, June 5, 2019

I Dedicate This Race To...


Today is Wednesday, June 5, 2019. There's one seven hour flight and 4 more sleeps. It all comes down to the wire. To the final stretch. Turn number four has been taken, and the finish line is within sight.

This morning's swim was a great swim. It was short, it was steady, and I was focused. The water felt good, or rather I felt good in the water. My mind was tranquil, my thoughts were on point. One last time to practice my breathing, to practice my sighting, to swim long, to reach for the wall. One last time to leave anxiety behind and realize that of all the miles I've swam, all the laps I have turned, all the drills I have done, have brought me to this place of peace, this place that will allow me to go after, to tackle and finally, to conquer my fears.

It was also a time when I could reflect on my family, friends and Big Sexy Racing teammates that have supported and encouraged me along the way. Every word you uttered, every loving thought you sent, made me realize that this journey is not just my journey, it's our journey.

I was also reminded that life is about living. Simple thought but one that at times, is hard to grasp. When I began to take chances, to walk scarier planks, I began to live. I was reminded that my previous self would have been out of sorts, our of character, attempting to do what I'm about to do. I was reminded that this place, the one I occupy today is a much happier, much more productive place to be.

So, I'm dedicating this race to all who have supported me, all who have believed in me, all who never asked "why?", but instead said "good for you."

I love my tribe! Thank you!

Previous Post: "Anticipation, Excitement and Nerves"