Monday, December 17, 2012

About Winter's Ab Workout

Having had to nurse an aching back for the past few weeks, my winter workout/challenge has been delayed for a spell.  Two years ago I started, what I hope now is a trend, to dedicate the winter months to a specific workout.  First it was P90X in 2010 and the 100 Push-Up Challenge in 2011.

Today I started with the following chapter.  I found out last year that the most productive work I could do to help with my swim, bike and run was to work on my core.  This I have always heard, but had never really put into full and constant practice.  I would do stuff to work on the mid section but never really concentrating exclusively on this.  I am not ignoring the rest of my muscle groups, I'm just going to focus in this area for the next thirty days.

Here's what my routing will be, each day for the next 30 days...

1).  50 CRUNCHES.  Ideally, the crunches would be done freestyle.  However, due to my bad back I have to do the assisted type.  I will do the Ab Machine Crunch.


2).  15 PUSH UPS.  Perfect Form Push Ups.


3).  1 MINUTE PLANK.

4).  30 SECOND PLAN EACH SIDE.
5).  10 ROLL OUTS




6).  1 MINUTE BRIDGE



7).  15 PUSH UPS.  Perfect Form Push Ups.

8).  1 MINUTE PLANK.

9).  30 SECOND SIDE PLANK EACH SIDE.

10). 50 CRUNCHES.

11). 1 MINUTE RAISED (STRAIGHT ARM) PLANK.

12). 10 ROLL OUTS.

13).  2 MINUTE BRIDGE.

14).  50 CRUNCHES.

This routine is performed without stopping in between exercises.


After finishing this routine, I will do:

1).  PRESS UPS:  Press up and hold for 8-10 seconds.  Repeat for a 10 count.

2)  CHILD POSE:  Will hold for about two minutes and repeat two times.




Please navigate over to this page's facebook page and click "like". 

(Thank You to my G+ friend Neila Lott for the inspiration for this workout)