Thursday, February 23, 2012

About The Last Piece Of The Puzzle

Planning a race season is not an easy task.  Lots of things have to be taken into consideration and this year it was a bit more challenging than in years past.  I have opted to race events that I have not raced before; there's just to much to experience out there and not taking advantage of this is a shame.

First thing I had to get straight was the family vacation.  Nothing can come between our time together, all of us, away for a week.  Once that was settled then I was free to choose my third "A" event.   Yes, third.

I have already registered for Ironman 70.3 Florida (May 20) and Ironman 70.3 Branson (Sept 23). The third and final piece of the puzzle fell right in the middle;  Ironman 70.3 Muncie (July 7).

In addition to this, I will be doing two sprint tris with my wife Monica, one in Tullahoma, TN and the other in Guntersville, AL, a few select half marathons, including St. Jude Country Music Half Marathon and St. Jude Memphis Half Marathon, the former with both my daughters and the latter we will do as a family.  This will be a treat!

Oh yeah, I've registered with my daughter Marcela, for the NYC Marathon, but the stars will have to align correctly.  This is my third year in the lottery, so if not chosen, I will get in automatically next year...

So I guess the plan now is to train, train and then train some more!