Sunday, December 19, 2010

P90X ~ Down To The Wire

The end of this week brings me to 27 days left in the program, with 63 behind me.

May not seem like a bid deal.  But for me this is huge.

Not only has this been a test of physical endurance, but more important for me, a test and exercise in discipline.

Discipline because in order to accomplish this, I've had to make some serious adjustments to my schedule.  In order to fulfil my goal of completing the program, I've had to do the workouts early in the morning, everyday.

This has been huge for me because I am NOT a morning person.  I have always opted for afternoon workouts.  That alarm going off at 4, 4:30 even 5 am has not been a welcome sight for me.  Never has.

But now I  find myself anxious and excited to get up and get moving.  Never thinking twice about getting up to complete the daily workout.  This new found discipline brings new opportunities for me.

In the next few weeks, I will have to start early morning swim practice, 5:10 am in the water which means 4:15 alarm time.  In previous seasons, I've struggled to make these.  It is my new found hope is that now I will have the strength to make it.

So I'm looking forward to the next 27 days for several reason mainly to complete a task of monumental proportions.  Completing the P90X program, by any account, is not an easy thing to do.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mauricio - Nice work so far. I've just been checking out your blog and it seems we're doing the same thing in a different order. You're doing IronMan Lousville this year. I just did IronMan Cozumel 3 weeks ago. You're doing P90X now. I just started yesterday.

    For what it's worth, I think P90X will be a phenomenal benefit to you when you start your IronMan training. I'll be following you're blog to see how things go.

    -Ben

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment Ben! I do appreciate you being here. Keep me posted on your P90X progress. I'm on the stretch home!

    ReplyDelete