Wednesday, September 16, 2009

One Short Week

It has been on my mind all day long today. The thought that just one week from today I will be at the Ironman 70.3 Augusta, competing in my first Half Ironman!

Woke up this morning and the very first thing I did was look at the clock. Then next thing I did was to think that one week from now I would be somewhere half way through the swim. And the rest of the day was more of the same... "next week at this time I will be...".

Well, next week at this time, God willing and the creeks don't rise, I will be resting at the hotel room savoring the experience. I would have completed my first Half Ironman and true to my goal, prior to my 55th birthday.

One big question has been in my head all day long: "Have I done enough?" Well, nothing more I could do right now so I will try to put that out of my mind. This week I will taper, will stay loose, will carb load, will enjoy the journey and will prepare mentally.

No comments:

Post a Comment